heart heart
[ ]
Nomcats Go Nommin'






✿ LINK 1
✹ LINK 2
✖ LINK 3
☂ LINK 4
✈ LINK 5
+
+

Point Zero Four Fusion 零點串吧 Review ON Sunday, April 28, 2013 AT 12:48 AM
This was just a few days ago after work and going to Point Zero Four Fusion with my coworkers.

I went to Point Zero for hot pot before. I can say that for hot pot, it tasted like anywhere else except if you get a really good broth and sauce. And to expect really slow service if there are already a few tables with people because usually there's only 1 or 2 servers. A lot of the reviews I read reflect on the hot pot but there are also szechuan style dishes that should be taken note of.

I don't exactly have the dishes names so I'll just describe it. 

Here, we got the ..squid. It had a nice flavoring to it with soysauce and xo.


We also shared the eggplant with chili and potatoes. I don't like eggplants but the sauce for it helped mask the taste (but not entirely overpowering it). Overall, the sauce made the dish enjoyable to eat but it wasn't spicy - it had the kind of slightly sweet chili sauce. Its nice as a vegetarian dish.


This dish has pork, cucumber and green onions. You would use the white dough skin and put a bit of everything into it, fold it up and then eat it. I liked this a lot because it tastes refreshing with the cucumber and serves as a nice snack.


This dish has lamb with onions and a lot of cumin (or hua jiao?). The lamb along with the cumin tasted very strong although not spicy in this dish. It was a decent size and probably would taste good with rice but we didn't order any.


This is one of my favorite kind of dishes to order from sze chuan style dishes. It had pig ears, beef slices, tripe etc. It wasn't spicy though (which I love!) but it still tasted really good with the parsley on top. I can't really describe the sauce taste, I guess its like flavorful, herbal influenced with cumin/hua jiao.


We also had chicken and pork skewers which I forgot to take a pic of and they were peppered with really spicy hua jiao. It was the spiciest and almost all of us couldn't finish it. We did but with lots of water and I had a coke.

Rating
Food: 4/5 I was surprised that their dishes were not bad although I wish some dishes were spicier.
Atmosphere: 3/5
Service: 2.5/5 This second time I went, I see the same lady with the same tired and solemn face serving everyone. I think she only understands mandarin too since my friend switched to mandarin after she didn't say anything. She doesn't smile and just plops your food on and moves on to her next task (kinda feel bad since she does everything as the only waiter atm). There was another guy server who came later that had a nicer attitude but I suppose hes not there all the time (especially the busier hours).
Price:  N.A/5  Sorry! I can't comment on the prices, because this meal was paid for!

Overall: I think it was a nice experience to try their dishes instead of the hot pot (although I did wanted hot pot) but I don't think I would come back again for it because of service. I can probably go to the same or better quality food with better service. Actually, after my first time there with the hot pot, I wasn't going to come back but since I was with coworkers and they wanted to go...

Point Zero Four Fusion 零點串吧 on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


0 comments