heart heart
[ ]
Nomcats Go Nommin'






✿ LINK 1
✹ LINK 2
✖ LINK 3
☂ LINK 4
✈ LINK 5
+
+

Tokyo Joe Ramen Okawari Review ON Saturday, April 27, 2013 AT 10:27 PM
Kit-kat and I have a bunch of food reviews that we didn't put up yet cause of exams but I'll put some of mine later~ (or tonight). But I'll write this review first since I just had it today and its fresh in my mind.

So, I went with my brother today to Tokyo Joe Ramen Okawari at around 8pm. It was also apparently Canucks game night  (sorry I'm not that much of a hockey fan anymore), so most of the tables were occupied but there were still seats for us.

We decided to share the Fuji Mountain Roll ($10.95). It looks aesthetically nice here and whenever they present their other special rolls. I think there were 5 pieces with crab meat, avocado and yam tempura inside. I like the spicy tuna and chopped scallop with some tobiko on top of the roll. That was what made it taste like more than just like a California roll. And the spicy and mayo sauce drizzled on top too. I supposed the Fuji Mountain part is the sushi on top of the bowl (LOL).


And we also got the Traditional Combo  ($14.95) - Miso Sapporo Ramen, Jumbo Gyoza (5 pieces), Asashi Pint Beer.
My brother had most of the ramen but I got to taste it which was very flavorful but I can't verify the Sapporo part. The pieces of cha shu were lean which I like. I think the portion size for this is smaller compared to other ramen places but the overall combo for once person should be enough. I wouldn't call the gyoza 'jumbo'  but they cooked it nicely (although I didn't take a nice photo to show it). I like the sweet soy sauce for the gyoza. My brother had the Asahi, and what can I say? except that it was indeed 'super flat' ~.



Rating
Food: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 4/5
Service: 3.5/5 There were two girl waitresses, one of them was really nice and had the usual air of Japanese service (like saying thank you and stuffs really brightly) but the other waitress had a more solemn attitude. I also always appreciate the kitchen staff saying thank you as we left.
Price: 3/5 I do think its pricey here especially for the ramen if we had not ordered the combo and for its portion size. The rolls as well but they are presented nicely and delicious.

Overall: I would come back to try the other rolls. From my own view and past experiences here, I don't think ramen is the main thing you should try here (there are better ramen places) but I'm not saying it tastes bad if you do want to try it. Anyways, always a pleasant time when I come here.

Tokyo Joe Ramen Okawari on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


0 comments