heart heart
[ ]
Nomcats Go Nommin'






✿ LINK 1
✹ LINK 2
✖ LINK 3
☂ LINK 4
✈ LINK 5
+
+

What8ver Cafe Review ON Saturday, April 13, 2013 AT 2:48 AM
It's sushicat. And its finalssssss, but all I've been doing is just lazing around and going out to eat with friends (although not blogging about it cause I'm lazy). Kit-cat is good at studying I think (haha). But its raining today and I've got time to spare (COUGH) so let me start off by reviewing what my friend and I had last Sunday at What8ver Cafe.

This is the second time I've went here, and finally I get to trying the toast box. 

Firstly, my friend and I arrived at around 1am (it closes at 3am), and there were still a decent amount of people. But usually at this time, they stick around longer and its a small place so almost all the seats were filled.

I had the matcha milk tea while my friend had the green tea milk tea (haha sounds like the same?). Well, my matcha had the nice matcha aroma and taste. And my friend's green tea was sweet. Both were hot and milk tea so it was more sweet, can't really go wrong with how to make this in my opinion. However, ours was in a cup rather than in small tea pots like the other tables (??). But it makes it easy to have it to go. (both ~$4 or $5)


I think our server forgot we ordered the strawberry toast box and thought we wanted the green tea toast box since our drinks were green tea related. Oh well. We were okay with it because they take a lonnnnnnnnnngggggggg time (20min?? for us at least) to make this and it didn't matter too much if we didn't get strawberry.
On the left, we have it nice and intact, green tea ice cream on top of the toast box with cheerios, red bean and custard. (~$9)
On the right, I tried to carefully cut the front part of the box and then move the ice cream on top of it like what I saw in other reviews... but then it all fell and that's what it looks like now. The inside had bread glazed with honey. The green tea ice cream was just your average kind and the custard didn't really taste like much to me. The sides of the toast box was a bit burnt and hard but I feel its understandable since the inside toasts were soft. Overall, I thought it was really sweet and would have liked more ice cream to even out the sweetness but that's just me. It was good that I shared this with my friend. Although we did not finish the entire toast box but just the insides.


Rating
Food: 3/5
Atmosphere: 3/5 Hah, interesting to note that they were playing kpop songs. I like that.
Service: 2.5/5 They had about 3 workers on site and it wasn't like super busy. Our server (male) was nice but it took us some time to get his attention. They mainly hang around the cashier and we're sitting near the corner in the front of the shop. Either we got to stand up and flag them down or yell excuse me which both us were kind of shy to do. Sighs.
Price: 3/5

Overall: I suppose its fun if you have a group of friends but it is a small place so better make a reservation for that. The drinks are alright and I like the selection of desserts. The toast box didn't strike me as anything that delicious (too sweet in both our opinions) but its nice to try and share with a friend~! Service is kind of lacking from back then when I came (2 years ago?) and now. I probably won't be back often unless I had a friend with a car to drive me here and if I have nowhere better to go to :).

What8ver Cafe on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


0 comments