heart heart
[ ]
Nomcats Go Nommin'






✿ LINK 1
✹ LINK 2
✖ LINK 3
☂ LINK 4
✈ LINK 5
+
+

Deacon's Corner Review ON Sunday, July 7, 2013 AT 2:04 AM
The food is like the comfort food - breakfast diner style such as iHOPS. But the location in Gastown was in a way... sketchy (lol!). And it had metal bars on the windows, almost went past it thinking it was a convenience store. And its far from where we live (Richmond).
Anyways, we came here because my friend had a voucher for $24 for $50 worth of food. 

I like these ten rules in the menu, especially the first one about ketchup. I'm a ketchup person and I use a lot and it just goes so well with so many food...
 

Southwest Style Steak 'N' Eggs ($12.50) - My eggs/toast/fried/baked beans were fine, but I was disappointed with my 4oz. sirloin steak. I didn't expect anything grand, but it seemed like just a flat piece of meat that didn't have any taste.

Carolina Pulled Pork and Pancakes ($13.5) - It included two buttermilk pancakes, two eggs, and the pork. The pancakes were huge and enough for my friend (haha). I would think they would put more of the pork but it was that small amount and it wasn't anything that special. Just like regular bbq pulled pork.

Pulled Pork Quesadilla (~$9) - My friend got this and I didn't taste it but she says she likes it better than the one at Cactus so it sounds pretty good to me!

Rating
Food: 3/5
Atmosphere: 3/5 Has that 'breakfast diner' feel
Service: 2.5/5 We would have had no problem with the service - there was one waiter and he was nice and stuff. However, we were waiting for our food and we noticed it sitting on the kitchen top and the cook already rang the bell for the waiter to come and get it but he just kept going to other tables (like 3 more tables but not rush hour) and sometimes it was more idle chit chat than ordering. And I'm pretty sure he knew the food was there, since the cook rang the bell several times (and its a loud bell, also he does not have a hearing problem since he was able to hear it all the other times) but he didn't do anything. Our food was sitting there for 15 min, becoming cold. All he had to do was just bring it to us and go back to ordering or whatever. We were thinking of getting the food ourselves but thought it be rude and he seemed 'busy' attending the different customers for us to raise a hand. After 15 min, I guess someone from inside the kitchen knew what was going on and brought the food to us. That person was nice, but we were all wondering 'really??'.
Price: 3/5 Again, we had that voucher but I think the price is decent and better than ihop.

Overall: I pick it over ihop for the price as overall breakfast food but I don't think I would come back because its too far. Anyways, I still think its a good place if you live locally there and like breakfast food.

Deacon's Corner on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , ,


0 comments