heart heart
[ ]
Nomcats Go Nommin'






✿ LINK 1
✹ LINK 2
✖ LINK 3
☂ LINK 4
✈ LINK 5
+
+

Hanok Korean Restaurant Review #2 ON Sunday, July 7, 2013 AT 12:50 AM
My friends and I now come pretty often for their lunch specials which is such a goooooood deal. Its 8.99 for one of their main dishes and you get to pick a side dish to come with it. And they also give you refillable banchan.

I was on the other side, so here's some wall art.

Some of the main dishes:

Bibimbap (dolsot) - This is the stone bibimbap with veggies, beef and rice. And a fried egg on top. I didn't try this yet, but it looks yummy!

Bulgogi in an Earthenware Pot - I remember thinking 'earthenware' is a weird name until I saw this youtube vlog where they were in Korea, and they actually named it like that. Anyways, this is just like the galbitang where the soup is sweet (reminds me of mirin and soysauce). And they had a nice amount of beefs with the potatoe noodles.


Beef Spicy Hot Tofu Soup - I had this on another day, and maybe its just me but I didn't really like it. There weren't that many beef, but I like how there's a lot of tofu hence soondubu. But I don't know, the soup didn't taste that great to me, felt oily or maybe its my taste preference.

Here are some sides:

Korean Rolls/Gimbap - I think there was like 5 and I ate one in the photo below. I like it, I feel like you can't go wrong with gimbap! Easy to make at home too~.


Tempura - My friend got this, and it looks like a bunch of different tempura items to try. The last one (black) was mushroom I think.

Japchae - I tried this, it was sweet and the portion for a side dish was nice and good amount of ingredients in there.

This was one of their banchan on a different day that I came. I suppose they didn't have the seaweed so they replaced it with this which I really like! It had brocolli and apple with this fruity sweet sauce on top and I felt it was really refreshing and new to taste. I want more of it.


Rating
Food: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 4/5
Service: 3.5/5 We were on the other side which has less people, but they still come back to check so its alright.
Price: 4.5/5 Yep, reallly like it *FOR LUNCH SPECIAL THOUGH*

Overall: I love coming here for their lunch specials, and even though the portions might seem small, its enough. With the refillable banchan and the side dish, its enough (lol). And I really like the brocolli side dish.

Hanok Korean Restaurant (Richmond) 韓屋 on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


0 comments