heart heart
[ ]
Nomcats Go Nommin'






✿ LINK 1
✹ LINK 2
✖ LINK 3
☂ LINK 4
✈ LINK 5
+
+

Mega Sushi (Richmond) Review ON Saturday, July 6, 2013 AT 11:44 PM
Oh man, we haven't been updating since May. Really sorry about that, I suppose both of us didn't have the time with summer school and work back then. But I, sushicat will probably start blogging again. I already have taken a lot of photos and went to a lot of places. Some are also in draft-mode so I should edit and publish some! 

Let me posts some food places I went to in June and July (in seperate posts). 

We went to Mega Sushi in Steveston on a Tuesday at around 1 pm. 

I liked how they donate 10% to Wigs for Kid from the sale of the Crazy Boy Rolls. 


Heres me trying to take a picture of the decor. Its pretty modern and styling in here, EAT on the wall.



  I also like how they have their chopsticks in this nice little pouch and I love their plates.


These cups were cool since it provides extra insulation and prevents us from touching the heat from the tea but we drink tea a lot so we have to constantly pour tea in there. And we both agree that the teapot is really darn heavy and the tea didn't have much flavor.


Monkey Brain (~$9) - I wonder if this is what monkey brains really look like. It was crispy/deep fried on the outside but soft with avocado and tuna and crab meat on the inside. I don't really like avocado, but this was enjoyable to eat. I really like the spicy mayo sauce thats drizzled everywhere and tried to take it all.


Tuna Tataki (~$9.95). Mmmm, I love tataki stuffs so this was yummy. And for these types of rolls, they (and a lot of other places) choose to use california rolls and then have something interesting on top. I don't really care about california rolls, so I suppose having these toppings make it better.


Nigiri sushi (~$2.5 each): tobiko, toro and hamachi sushi. The tobiko was plentiful (overflowing weee~) but didn't taste particularly flavorful. The toro and hamchi were also not that great in that it is fresh but the taste wasn't there for both of them or the right texture. Anyways, we'd stick with the rolls or specialty rolls.


Mega roll ($8.95). This was really visually nice, you can see they add fried lotus roots on top with some tobiko. It has salmon and green onion on the inside and then the whole thing is fried, so I don't think the salmon would be that fresh (in my theory). And they put a lot of crab meat on top and spicy mayo. I enjoyed this roll.


Rating:
Food: 3.5/5
Atmosphere: 4.5/5
Service: 4.5/5
Price: 3/5 A bit pricey for my liking in terms of the other sushi/bento/don. The specialty rolls are cool but seems like just extra fancy california rolls (although still yummy!) and I think there are cheaper options.

Overall: We both still really enjoyed this restaurant, I would come back to try more stuff.


Mega Sushi on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,


0 comments