heart heart
[ ]
Nomcats Go Nommin'






✿ LINK 1
✹ LINK 2
✖ LINK 3
☂ LINK 4
✈ LINK 5
+
+

The Boathouse (Robson Street/West End) Review ON Sunday, July 7, 2013 AT 12:02 AM
On a  Monday afternoon at around 1pm, I went to my friend's birthday lunch at The Boathouse (back in May ...). It was across from the Cactus Club there and the beach. There were only two other tables seated so it was quiet. We had about 8 people and again, there were only two other tables but we felt that the food came at a very slow rate. Looking at my the time I took photos, I say it took about 30 min for the food to arrive. 

I got the Tuscan Seafood Flatbread ($15.99). I like the pieces of shrimp on top, and the seasoned onions and sliced peppers which made the taste for me. However, the last two pieces of flatbread were burnt on the back and I couldn't finish them so I just ate the toppings and left the bread.


These photos are what my friends got. I didn't bother asking them, because I don't think they would really want to answer anyways (lol).

Westcoast Seafood Chowder ($8.99)

 Better than Classic Benny ($14.99)

Crab Cake Benny ($15.99)

Coconut Pacific Cod ($22.99)

Baja Crunchy Shrimp Tacos with Fries ($14.99). My friend says the shrimps were really fried, as in even the insides were fried, which she did not like.

Ahi Tuna (~$23) - My friend says she prefers this dish from the Boathouse in Richmond better.

Pacific Beer Battered Cod and Chips - 3 pieces ($19.99) - I thought this was a pretty big dish, if you can't tell from the photo.

 3 Cheese Omelette ($12.99). My friend said her fruits were warm here. I tasted some, and yes they were. Maybe the potatoes on the side warmed them up or the fruits were outside for awhile (lol?).

This is my own rating of what I felt overall even though I don't know the taste for all of the dishes.
Rating: 
Food: 3/5
Atmosphere: 4/5 I remember it was a reallllllly windy day, and there were windows nearby. You could see the beach and the waves, pretty nice.
Service: 2.5/5 Sorry, I feel like everything was kind of slow.
Price: 2.5/5

Overall: I don't think I would go back, it was alright, but nothing spectacular to draw me back in. The only impact it made on me was how long the food took to come.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


0 comments